We have updated our boxing instructions once again due to availability of boxes and some headstocks we have seen come in to us. Long story short, you can visit our Shipping page for all the updates. Here’s a few bullet points to help you send your headstock safely.
- Remove the handle or it will get bent during shipping
- Make sure to purchase and use “Heavy Duty” Bubble Wrap
- Make sure to purchase and use “Heavy Duty” Styrofoam Peanuts
- Only use a Double Walled Heavy Duty Medium Box or Double Walled Heavy Duty Large Box from Lowe’s.
- After placing no less than 10 inches of heavy duty styrofoam in the box, place the headstock in back side down.
- Fill out our Information Sheet PDF and place it in the box after covering the rest of the machine in more styrofoam peanuts.
This is just a few tips, make sure to follow directions exactly on our Shipping page to ensure your headstock arrives safely. They are very heavy and unfortunately shipping companies don’t always handle them safely. Doing this will pave the way for a quicker return of your machine back to you so you can get back to woodworking faster!